Friendships. Imaginations. Reading. Movement. Creativity. Dancing. Math. Experiences. Love. Laughter. LEARNING!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Little Writers

We are becoming quite the little writers in Room 21.  
Your child has many opportunities to write throughout the day in all different forms from letters to friends, the morning message, Kindergarten news, lists of sight words, stories, copying words around the room and more.  I encourage you to encourage your child to write at home.  One of my favorite things about teaching Kindergarten is to read their "kid" writing.  By the end of the year you will be amazed at what your child can write.  
Here are a few examples of our writing from just this week: 

We used "magic snow", a.k.a. shaving cream, to practice our sight words.  


 The kids love sharing their news to the class, especially since they get to use a microphone just like a real reporter.
Extra, Extra
Read all about it!  
 I got a new sweater.  I like it.  My aunt got it for me.

 I am happy because my Mom signed my homework.  I am at my house.

 We are going to my Grandma and Grandpa's house.

 I got a new dress!


Sight word practice!  
The kids LOVE our white boards.

 They are even learning how to type on the computer.  Look at that list of words!
Kiss your brain!
 We are learning how to be authors and illustrators.  
Our first Writer's Workshop was a HUGE success.  Their stories were amazing.  

Here are a few examples.
This one is titled
The Snowman Says Hi

 Come see my Friendly snowman.  His name is Breaky.



 
Come see my fire.  
My fire is in my house.

The Ninja

It will be fun to share our stories with you at conferences in March.
I am so impressed with my little writers.  
Bravo Kinders!

1 comment:

  1. I loved walking in on magic snow day and getting to see and 'smell' the magic snow!!!

    ReplyDelete